College of Neuropsychiatry
The implementation of the Master Degree in Neuropsychiatry occurred in 1994 , a result of the academic INVESTMENT undertaken by the Department of Neuropsychiatry , in the 1980s . This investment enabled the qualifications of its faculty and extension of teaching , research and extension activities . In academic- care structure , with the Service of Neurology and Neurosurgery and Psychiatry Service , including clinical and surgical wards , and outpatient care .
Gradually , the Department of Neuropsychiatry was realizing the urgent need to deploy your degree as a way of developing scientific research and thus consolidate the newly emerging groups of doctors , associating them to the holders of renowned professors and wide clinical experience in the fields of neurology and psychiatry. The possibility of creating a Master Degree in Neuropsychiatry and later , with the accumulation of experience , enlarge with a Ph.D. , became more concrete and this venture was great support from the administration . There was, however , an expectation that the course could , as has happened in other areas , stimulating the entire academic tracking .
Thus , after receiving approval from the floor of the Department of Neuropsychiatry and subsequently Departmental Council of the Center for Health Sciences , the project followed the internal procedures of the Central Administration . Initially , the Pro- Rector for Research and Graduate Affairs which received some suggestions and then approve the Board of Graduate Studies to the top of the Masters Course .
The Graduate Program in Neuropsychiatry and Behavioral Sciences , is intended for training of teachers and production of scientific knowledge in the field of Clinical and Experimental Neuroscience .
Constitute our goals:
• Generate aptitude in the field of scientific method ;
• Develop capacity to assimilate and critical evaluation of scientific literature in the field of Neurosciences ;
• Train and generate competence and autonomy for production and delivery of this knowledge ;
• Training of new researchers to work in northeastern Brazil , in the areas of teaching and research .
• Take advantage of our researchers city or neighboring states with good scientific formation of smaller institutions , which are isolated and without participating in the graduate program by the lack of critical mass , to work with the core faculty in the student's education and the production of knowledge.
• Motivate newly doctors still no scientific production , encouraging collaboration in research projects or participation as co -supervisors of dissertations , doctoral theses , or both .
• Include students in research projects of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in the program itself as well as those outside , to motivate creativity and show the importance of teamwork , preparing the new generation of young researchers for life academic .